Computing Dynamics Ltd is committed to protecting the
privacy and security of your personal information
Computing Dynamics Ltd is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
This privacy notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you during and after your working relationship with us, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Computing Dynamics Ltd is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal data.
Data protection principles
We will comply with data protection law. This says that personal data we hold must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
What personal information do we hold?
Computing Dynamics stores relevant contact information. This includes names, email addresses, telephone numbers and site addresses. We also gather information regarding which of our services you are interested in.
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
How are we collecting data?
We collect data via forms on our website as well as telephone, email, live chat and/or in person conversations with contacts.
What do we do with personal data?
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we have entered into with you.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- To contact you regarding a requirement.
- To contact you for marketing purposes but only with your consent.
What is our marketing communications policy?
If you opt in to communications from Computing Dynamics, we promise:
- The content will be relevant to you.
- You can unsubscribe at any time (via the unsubscribe button on our emails or making a request via email or telephone call).
We aim to provide value for you by creating useful and relevant content.
Usually we achieve this by keeping our website up-to-date; this way you can choose to receive communications at a time that suits you. Occasionally there is a time constraint on delivering a message, that is when we choose to use your data to communicate directly via mail, email or telephone conversation.
There are 3 types of marketing communications you may receive from us:
- Service updates – Occasionally we send mail or email communications to our customers letting them know of any changes to our services or we provide details of a new service we are offering.
- Event invitations – We host free events each quarter, usually in the form of a ‘lunch and learn’ – where we provide industry updates and a tasty lunch. Invites are sent out via email.
- Essential communications – We distribute important information regarding technology, cyber threats, and other information technology-based support and services. This may take the form of a short email.
Who are the data controllers?
Computing Dynamics is the sole data controller of any data we collect.
Where is your data stored?
We store your data on secure servers within the European Union (EU).
What cookies do we use on our website?
Do we share your data with third parties?
We do not disclose personal data to third parties unless required by law or court order, you have requested that we do so, or to enable third parties to provide certain services to us. If there is ever the need to use a third party service provider, we may pass your information to that provider, agent, subcontractor or other associated organisation for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf – for example, Backup or Anti-Virus services – where we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service. We also have a contract in place that requires these third parties to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own purposes.
Should we be required to release your information to a third party – for example, by a court order for the purposes of prevention and detection of crime, fraud or corruption – we will at all times control and be responsible for that use of your data.
All data rights you hold are in line with GDPR.
You have right of access to any data we hold about you. If you would like to request access to this data, please contact us. Data access is subject to proof of your identity.
You have the right to be forgotten. You can unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time by using the unsubscribe button on marketing communications or by contacting us directly. Doing so will archive and encrypt your details on our marketing database. If you would like us to permanently delete any record of you, please make a special request to do so by contacting us.
Links to other websites
Parts of our website link to external internet sites; and other external internet sites may link to this website. Computing Dynamics is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online. By using the Computing Dynamics website, you accept the inherent security implications of dealing online and will not hold Computing Dynamics responsible for any breach of security unless such breach has been caused by Computing Dynamics’ negligence.
For questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org